Lonely Windows Phone owners can now find dates with eHarmony app
The life of a Windows Phone user is a lonely one. With such a low market share, the odds of meeting a fellow user in public is quite rare. This is in contrast to Android and iPhone, where it seems like you can see those users everywhere you look.
However, some of these users may be lonely in another regards too -- dating and mating. In today's fast-paced world, it can be hard to find a date in person, so online dating has become all the rage. Unfortunately for Windows Phone users, there was no app for eHarmony; one of the most popular and successful dating sites. Today, however, that changes as eHarmony is available for Windows Phone. Get your online dating on y'all!
"With 45-percent of users registering for eHarmony on a mobile device, this new offering grants Windows Phone users premium access to eHarmony's services. In addition to eHarmony's full feature set, users will also enjoy the integration of native features, including live tile updates, and a clean design that brings match photos to the forefront", says eHarmony.
Vanessa Petrosky, Mobile Product Manager for eHarmony says, “we want to provide a great eHarmony experience to all mobile users. With this app launch, we are thrilled to deliver our superior matchmaking services to Windows Phone Users".
The company touts the following benefits of the app:
- Easy sign up -- Users can register for eHarmony through a simple onboarding process and take the relationship questionnaire to receive compatible matches.
- Create a profile -- Upload photos, answer profile questions and share interests to show your matches the real you.
- Communicate -- Receive daily matches and get to know them through eHarmony's guided communication process and send eHarmony mail.
- Photos -- Matches’ photos are beautifully compiled in a photo mosaic to help users get a better overview of each match.
- Activity Feed -- See who's viewed you, which matches have sent you communication, and who's updating their profile.
- What if -- A popular eHarmony feature, 'What If' lets users check out more singles that are great matches, but just outside their preferred settings.
- Navigate -- With the implementation of the Windows Phone pivot control, users can swipe between different sections of the app with ease.
- Simple payment -- Upgrading your eHarmony membership has never been easier. Enter your credit card information in a new mobile web subscription experience or pay via PayPal.
This is great news for all users, not just those with Windows Phones. After all, this may potentially increase the amount of eligible singles on the site. Sadly though, it is only available for Windows Phone 8.
It is also a win for the mobile operating system, as this new app is another notch in Microsoft's belt. Just remember, you may protect your Windows Phone with a case, but if you meet someone on eHarmony, don't forget that other type of "protection" too.
Download the app here, and tell me what you think.