Microsoft unveils list of 10 new specialty stores opening soon
Over the past couple of years Microsoft has opened an ever-increasing number of stores across the US and Canada, even one in Puerto Rico. The efforts are in direct competition to rival Apple, and often appear in close proximity to the Cupertino, Cal.-based company's stores.
Today the software giant announced that ten new specialty stores are slated to open, and the events will be taking place rather soon. In an official announcement received by BetaNews today, the company announced the new locations and grand-opening dates. Areas and dates include:
- May 15 – Grand opening of Microsoft at FlatIron Crossing, Broomfield, CO
- May 15 – Grand opening of Microsoft at Westroads Mall, Omaha, NE
- May 15 – Grand opening of Microsoft at West Town Mall, Knoxville, TN
- May 17 – Grand opening of Microsoft at The Maine Mall, S Portland, ME
- May 17 – Grand opening of Microsoft at Boise Towne Square, Boise, ID
- May 20 – Grand opening of Microsoft at Cherry Hill Mall, Cherry Hill, NJ
"Microsoft specialty stores offer a curated selection of the best Microsoft products, including Surface, Xbox, Windows 8 PCs and Phones. These 10 new specialty stores will add to Microsoft’s ever-expanding portfolio retail stores across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico that provide consumers excellent choice, value, service and an engaging way to experience the best of Microsoft’s products and services", that announcement reads.
Several other stores actually opened yesterday, but oddly, Microsoft just made this officially known today. Hopefully one is in your area.