Fractal Design unveils Meshify C ATX chassis with focus on cooling
My love for Fractal Design cases is well documented. Most recently, I -- and other members of the PC building community -- went gaga over the "Define C TG" chassis series from the company, as it featured good looks, solid design, and a beautiful tempered glass window. You really can't go wrong with a Fractal Design case, as it should last you many years without breaking the bank. The designs are evergreen, as the company does not follow the fleeting style du jour.
Today, Fractal Design launches yet another case, and once again, it looks like a winner. The "Meshify C," as it is called, is true to its name, as it features, well, a lot of mesh. The company has designed this chassis to be the pinnacle of cooling, with plenty of mesh, fan mounting options, and the potential for excellent cable management. Of course, it looks sexy too, particularly thanks to a beautiful tinted tempered glass window
"Meshify strikes an aggressive pose in the Fractal Design lineup with unparalleled cooling performance and a defiant new look. Like black diamond facets, the angular asymmetry of the Meshify C carves a space uniquely its own as a new force in high-airflow design. Tempered glass with a distinctive tint completes the stealth-inspired black-on-black aesthetic with exceptional style", says Fractal Design.
The much-respected company also says, "An open ATX layout with intelligent space utilization creates an unrestricted airflow path from the mesh front intakes directly through key components to exhaust, ensuring heat is never an issue. The Meshify C has a remarkably compact footprint with the high-end component support of a larger tower, and with seven fan mounts and multi-radiator liquid cooling capability, it has the cooling capacity to match. When performance is top priority and compromise is not an option, Meshify has you covered in style."
Fractal Design shares some of the features of the Meshify C chassis below.
- Streamlined high-airflow design
- The performance and capacity of a larger tower in a remarkably compact mid-tower size
- Newly designed angular mesh front panel maximizes air intake
- Tinted tempered glass side panel for a clean looking exterior with full interior visibility
- Distinctive new styling with stealthy black-on-black aesthetic
- Flexible storage options with room for up to 5 drives
- Sturdy steel drive trays with vibration-dampening rubber grommets cushion hard drives for smooth, quiet and reliable operation
- Two pre-installed Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12 120 mm fans deliver optimum airflow with minimal noise
- Open interior layout creates an unobstructed airflow path from front intake to rear exhaust
- Easy-to-clean filters on the front, top, and base with full PSU coverage and convenient front access
- Full-length power supply shroud conceals drive cage and excess cabling for unrestricted airflow and a clean looking interior
- Up to 35 mm of space behind motherboard plate with grommeted pass-throughs for clean cable routing
The company also shares the following specifications.
|3.5" or 2.5" Drive capacity||2|
|Dedicated 2.5" drive capacity||3|
|Motherboard compatibility||ATX, mATX, ITX|
|Power supply type||ATX|
|Total fan mounts||7|
|Front fan||3x 120 or 2x 140 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 included|
|Top fan||2x 120/140|
|Rear fan||1x 120 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 included|
|Bottom fan||1x 120|
|Dust filters||Bottom fan + PSU Front fans Top fans|
|Front radiator||120/240/360mm 140/280mm|
|Top radiator||120/240mm (max component height on motherboard 40mm)|
|Rear radiator||120mm (max width 125mm)|
|Power supply depth limit||Maximum 175mm recommended|
|Graphics card length limit||Max 315mm with front fan mounted|
|CPU cooler height limit||172mm|
|Cable routing||15-35mm space|
|Cable routing grommets||Yes|
|Fixed velcro straps||Yes|
|Captive thumbscrews||Right side panel SSD brackets|
|Left side panel||Tempered Glass|
If you want to buy this beautiful case, it can be yours immediately from Newegg here. Pricing is quite aggressive at $89.99 making this a very affordable and a seemingly wise purchase for both budget builders and those building with high-end hardware.
What do you think of the Fractal Design Meshify C? Tell me in the comments below.