Get 'Designing with CSS Grid Layout' ($4.99 value) FREE for a limited time
Layout in CSS has always been a tricky task: hacking solutions using positioning, floats, and the one-dimensional flexbox has never been very satisfactory.
Fortunately, there is a new tool to add to our arsenal: CSS Grid Layout. It is an incredibly powerful layout system that allows us to design pages using a two-dimensional grid -- offering the kind of fine-grained layout control that print designers take for granted.
Designing with CSS Grid Layout includes tutorials hand-picked from SitePoint’s HTML & CSS channel that will get you up and running with Grid Layout and using it in your own sites in no time.
This collection includes:
- An Introduction to the CSS Grid Layout Module by Ahmad Ajmi
- Seven Ways You Can Place Elements Using CSS Grid Layout by Nitish Kumar
- How to Order and Align Items in Grid Layout by Nitish Kumar
- A Step by Step Guide to the Auto- Placement Algorithm in CSS Grid by Nitish Kumar
- How I Built a Pure CSS Crossword Puzzle by Adrian Roworth
Designing with CSS Grid Layout usually retails for $4.99, but BetaNews readers can get it entirely free for a limited time.
All you have to do to get your copy for free is go here, enter the required details, and click the Download Now button.
The offer expires on August 22, so act fast.