MSI MEG Aegis Ti5 gaming desktop has hardcore specs and futuristic chassis
PC gamers usually come to a fork in the road when needing a new gaming rig -- build one or buy one. While building a PC can be rewarding, sometimes there are pre-built machines that are worth considering instead -- particularly when they are beyond what you can reasonably do yourself.
As an example, today, MSI launches the MEG Aegis Ti5 gaming desktop and it takes things to another level. It is powered by either an Intel Core i7-10700K or i9-10900K CPU and either a GeForce RTX 3070 or 3080 graphics card. What makes this computer unique, however, is its gorgeous chassis -- it looks futuristic. The case even has a special LED dial on the front for quick and easy tweaks.
"Using the LED dial on the front of the machine, players can view their display system status and quickly switch between several system performance settings including sound and lighting, all customizable on MSI's Dragon Center system management software. The knob also functions as a start button for games and can be linked with exclusive configuration files for the game. Its integrated AI technology can also detect its current location to display local weather and temperature information on the LED panel," explains MSI.
The company further says, "Boasting the latest connectivity, the desktop includes built-in Thunderbolt 3 for transfer rates of up to 40Gb/s, four times faster than USB and ideal for quickly accessing game log files. Further enhancing online gameplay, MEG Aegis Ti5 features 2.5G LAN and Wi-Fi 6 for a stronger network connection without delays."
MSI shares the specifications below.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K or i9-10900K Processor
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Chipset: Intel Z490
- Graphics: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 or 3080
- Memory: Up to 128GB DDR4 (total 4x U-DIMMs)
- Storage: 3x M.2 2280 SSD (2xSATA/PCIe Combo, 1x PCIe); 2x 2.5” Drive bays; 1x 3.5” Drive bay
- Communication: WLAN: Intel Dual Band Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 AX201; LAN: 2.5G (Intel WGI225V) + 1G (Intel WGI219V); Bluetooth: Ver. 5.1
- Power supply: Modular 750W 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU
- Dimensions: 551 x 239 x 511 mm (67 Liter)
- I/O Overview:Front: 1x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C, 2x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type A, 1x Mic-in, 1x Headphone-outRear: 2x USB 2.0, 1x PS/2 Combo Port, 1x HDMI out (1.4), 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C,3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A, 1x Thunderbolt 3, 2x RJ45 (2.5G + Gigabit LAN),5x Audio jacks, 1x Optical S/PDIF out
The higher-end MSI MEG Aegis Ti5 gaming desktop can be had here immediately for $3,399.00. The lower-end Core i7 model does not seem to be available yet. While this computer does cost a lot of money, remember, this is a high-end gaming PC with an impressive chassis -- the price is absolutely justified.