Wink announces a wealth of new IoT products for its hub
The Internet of Things, commonly called the IoT, has become a hot topic these days for both the right and wrong reasons. It can be incredibly useful and time saving because of all the things that can be automated around the house, but there are also security risks.
Since the very early days of both Amazon Echo (Alexa) and the Wink home automation hub, the two products have worked together. Now that relationship is getting stronger, with the arrival of yet more Alexa compatible Wink products. While some of these new items will integrate straight with Alexa, others require a hub to work with voice control.
"The list of products that work with Wink continues to increase! Today we’re welcoming a number of best-in-class products in lighting, security, and utilities", Wink states.
That list is fairly long but here's a run-down of it as provided by Wink.
- Sengled bulbs
- Element Classic A19
- Element Classic BR30
- Element Plus A19 (tunable white)
- SmartThings smart outlet (original and the 2017)
- Iris smart plug
- Arlo Pro
- SmartThings multisensor (only the open/close and temperature sensors are compatible with Wink at this time)
- SmartThings motion sensor
- Iris motion sensor
- Iris door / window sensor
- Bali Autoview Motorized Window Treatments
- Graber Motorized Window Treatments
- Signature Series Motorized Window Treatments
- SmartThings Leak sensor
- Iris leak sensor
Note that not all of the above products will work with Alexa, but all are now available to purchase from Wink.