Wild Dog Desktop

Linux-based operating systems are wonderful for many reasons, such as being lightweight and secure. One of my favorite aspects, however, is the open and customizable nature. Ubuntu, for example, is one of the best operating systems, but if you do not like the default Unity environment, you can simply choose another -- not so with Windows or OS X.

If you are going to use a Linux-based operating system, shouldn't you have a computer that can be easily customized too? System76 makes wonderful Ubuntu-equipped computers, and today, one of its most customizable machines, The Wild Dog Pro, gets refreshed with Skylake processors. This is the company's first computer to feature the 6th generation Intel CPUs.

"The pure performance of this all-aluminum machine propels users to their full potential with processing authority, high-powered GPUs and extreme storage. By coupling high-performing graphics, up to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, with the new 'Skylake' processor, users are able to completely arm themselves with the power needed to accomplish their tasks with brimming confidence", says System76.

The computer-seller further shares, "the Wild Dog Pro offers an optional water cooled Intel Core i7-6700K processor, up to 64GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 memory, 4 GB dedicated nVidia graphics, 18.5TB of storage, and the brand new USB 3.1 Type-C connector. The operating system is placed on a high performance Solid State Drive ensuring rapid boot and applications, while additional storage can reside on either solid state drives for performance or platter drives for high capacity".

Wild Dog Silver

System76 shares the following specs.

• Operating System: Ubuntu Desktop 15.10
  • Processor: Now with 6th Gen Intel® Core i5 or i7
  • Chipset: Intel® H170 Express
  • Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 530, optional NVIDIA Graphics
  • Memory: Now up to 64 GB Dual-channel DDR4 @ 2133 MHz
  • Storage: Now up to 18.5 TB total.
  • Front Data Ports: 1× USB 3.0 Type-A, 1× USB 2.0 Type-A
  • Rear Data Ports: 1× USB 3.1 Type-C, 1× USB 3.1 Type-A, 3× USB 3.0 Type-A, 2× USB 2.0 Type-A, 1× PS/2 (mouse/keyboard)
  • Power Supply: 500 W 80+ Certified (80% or greater power efficiency)

Yes, you are seeing that right. The machines will ship with Ubuntu 15.10, which launches on October 22nd. In other words, not only will the hardware be bleeding edge, but the operating system will be too.

You can easily configure Linux box that will make your friends envious. Skylake? DDR4? Liquid cooling? Whoa. Of course, having some of these top specs will make the cost jump, but pricing starts at a very reasonable $769.

Wild Dog Black

While the specs are incredible, the chassis looks marvelous too. It is simple and professional. The silver looks nice, but I think I like the black color better. Which color do you like?

If you want to buy your own, you can configure the Wild Dog Pro here.

8 Responses to System76 unveils Skylake-powered Wild Dog Pro with Ubuntu Linux 15.10 'Wily Werewolf'

1. damianpostigo says:

hi brian always like to follow you and this is a great computer. for one the specs are great for 2 the updates are free and if you find a problem with ubuntu you have your input in to ubuntu community. Another good thing is if you want a new system a great as this you can always partition the drive and add windws or any other os of your choice along side ubuntu. Another good little distro is chaletos and makes it easy for people on windows wanting a great change or even from mac. linux is a great system and ubuntu is great for anyone. thanks brian for keeping us up to date on this great computer

2. UglyStuff says:

OK, as soon as I come into money, I'll get one... I hope you can choose Gnome over Unity, though.

• Sharon Kroll says:

‎‎

my mate's younger sister makes $97 in one hour Online..........Last weekend I Bought A Brand new McLaren F1 after earning 18,512$,this was my last month's paycheck ,and-a little over, $17k Last month ..3-5 h/r of work a day ..with bonus opportunities & weekly paychecks.. it's realy the easiest work I have ever Do.. I Joined This 7 months ago and now making over $83, p/h..Learn More right Here....
      1nfx....
      ➤➤
      ➤➤➤ http://www.WorldFinancialIncomeSupportHomeJobsGuide/Get/$97hourly... ❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

• Oscie Charlie Delta says:

The nice thing is, you can do whatever you want. System76 does provide unlimited telephone support for Ubuntu for life with their computers. I know of people using many other distros as well. I have personally tried live optical media that come with Linux magazines, such as Knoppix, with no problems. My System76 computer has absolutely no hardware or software issues. The only support I have sought dealt with the capabilities of the built in ports, and I pleasantly discovered that my machine does much more than I imagined when I bought it two years ago. A plus is that I get connected to a US based tech in less than one minute after calling them, and only have to press 1 button on their menu to get a US based tech. This is a good company that deserves your business.

3. Diego Desiderio says:

I love linux

4. Oscie Charlie Delta says:

I have been a very satisfied customer of theirs for over two years now. I have zero regrets for buying a $1,400 laptop. Tech support phone calls are connected in less than a minute whenever I need it. No need to pay for support. US based tech support for life is included with all of their computers. My last call was just a question about the ports. The call lasted two minutes. The tech didn't put me on hold to find the right script; he actually knew what the hell he was talking about. Compare that to Dell "support." There is no question in my mind: the next time I purchased a brand new laptop or desktop computer for the Linux desktop, it will be System76. They even send me free powered by Ubuntu stickers to replace the Windows stickers on used computers that I convert to Ubuntu.