Dell 'accidentally' leaks upcoming XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 convertible Windows 10 laptop [UPDATE]
If you need a Windows 10 laptop, you really can't go wrong with the Dell XPS 13 -- it has great specs and exceptional battery life. Heck, the company even sells a version pre-loaded with Ubuntu, making it a popular choice for Linux users too.
While you could configure the laptop with a touchscreen, there was no option for a convertible 2-in-1 version, sadly. This was particularly disappointing, since Windows 10 works wonderfully on both a laptop and a tablet. This is soon to change, apparently, as Dell has leaked a new version of the laptop -- seemingly by accident -- on its website.
Other than one image (seen at the top of the page) and a model number (9365), we do not know much. With that said, it is safe to assume that it will be a great machine -- the company is just enhancing an already popular laptop. It should have up-to-date 7th generation Intel Kaby Lake processors, of course.
Unfortunately, Linux-based desktop operating systems, such as Ubuntu, are not yet ideal for tablets (as much as Canonical wants it to be). With that said, it is unlikely that the 2-in-1 variant of the XPS 13 will have any OS option other than Windows 10.
Want to check out the leaked XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 product page? You can see it here before it possibly gets taken down. Hopefully more will be revealed at CES 2017.
Do you think Dell leaked it by accident, or intentionally for publicity? Tell me in the comments below.
Update: In a new blog post, Dell shares the following details:
- The world’s smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 with battery life up to 15 hours
- Eye-popping clarity with a gorgeous QHD+ (5.7M pixels) InfinityEdge touch display, a first for a 2-in-1
- HDR-ready (high dynamic range) display for incredibly life-like images when watching HDR10 content; available later this year
- Windows Hello enabled finger print reader to easily and securely unlock the system with a touch; also comes with an infrared camera to enable Windows Hello at a later date
- A business configuration with 7th Gen Intel Core vPro processors and Dell BIOS and manageability software -- all backed by Dell's global services and support
- The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 will be available beginning January 5, 2017 on Dell.com and at Best Buy in the United States starting at $999. Worldwide availability will follow soon after.