Google reveals the biggest apps, games, movies, songs and books of 2017
As we approach the start of a new year, the inevitable "best of" lists are starting to crop up. Never one to miss a trick, Google has released its own top five lists for 2017.
The lists cover the US, and there are a few obvious names taking the top spots -- Super Mario Run is unsurprisingly shown to be the most popular game, while Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and It make appearance high in the movie and book charts respectively. But in addition to the top five new apps, new games, streamed songs, movies, TV shows and books, Google has broken things down even further.
The basic top fives are listed below, but if you click through to any of the categories, you will find the other ways in which titles have been ranked and rated. If you want to know what the "most social" game is, head to the Games section to find out. You'll also find the most innovative games, most helpful apps, and much more.
Checkout what Google has to say about its Best of 2017 lists.
- Photo Editor -- Beauty Camera & Photo Filters
- What The Forecast?!!
- TopBuzz Video: Viral Videos, Funny GIFs &TV shows
- Yarn -- Chat Fiction
- Super Mario Run
- Bubble Witch 3 Saga
- Magic Tiles 3
- CATS: Crash Arena Turbo Stars
- HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar
- Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
- DNA. by Kendrick Lamar
- Mask Off by Future
- Body Like A Back Road by Sam Hunt
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Wonder Woman (2017)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Doctor Strange
- Game of Thrones
- Rick and Morty
- The Walking Dead
- The Big Bang Theory
- Doctor Who
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- It by Stephen King
- The Battlemage by Taran Matharu
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline