Acer launches Predator XN253Q X G-SYNC monitor with 240Hz refresh
If you are a PC gamer, you should really check out this new monitor from Acer. Called "Predator XN253Q X," this 24.5-inch display features some impressive specifications, such as NVIDIA G-SYNC, 400 nit brightness, 1ms response rate (0.4ms in "overdrive mode"), and an impressive 240Hz refresh.
While Predator XN253Q X has both HDMI and DisplayPort, you will need to use the latter to achieve 240Hz. The former maxes out at 60Hz. The monitor is a bit thick for my tastes, and that might be because of the integrated 4-port USB hub and stereo speakers. Thickness aside, it is a very attractive screen -- its design looks aggressive and futuristic.
"Featuring a rapid 240Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA G-Sync that syncs in a way few technologies can rival, the Predator XN253Q X delivers stunningly clear and fluid visuals. A high 400 nit cd/m 2 brightness supports crisp, clear and brilliant images, so no important details are missed. The Full HD resolution is perfect for advanced 1080p Full HD gaming, including Blu-ray Disc console gaming. Offering 11 black level options, built-in black boost gives gamers a visual advantage and 6-axis color adjustment lets them fine-tune color, hue and saturation to best suit the game at hand," says Acer.
The popular company further explains, "Outfitted with a TN panel, the Predator XN253Q X provides wide angle views up to 170 degrees horizontally and 160 degrees vertically, so gamers are less apt to miss a target. An ergonomic stand lets gamers find the most comfortable viewing angle with –5 to 25 degree tilt, +/-20degree swivel, +/-90 degree pivot and height adjustment up to 4.5 inches. VESA wall-mounting leaves more desk space for gaming accessories. Handy cable management keeps cables organized and out of the way. HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2 provide fast connection to a large gamut of PCs, while four USB 3.0 ports offer convenient connectivity to gaming sticks, mice and more. The Predator XN253Q X gaming monitor comes also comes with two 2W speakers."
Acer shares specifications below.
- Response Time: 1 ms GTG
- Display Size (Inches): 24.5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Horizontal Viewing Angle: 170°
- Vertical Viewing Angle: 160°
- Mount Type: Wall Mountable
- Backlight Technology: LED
- Panel Technology: Twisted Nematic Film (TN Film)
- Tilt Angle: -5°to25°
- Swivel Angle: +/-20°
- Maximum Adjustable Height: 4.53"
- Horizontal Frequency: 30 kHz to 90 kHz - HDMI, 67 kHz to 255 kHz - DisplayPort
- Vertical Frequency: 24 Hz to 60 Hz - HDMI, 30 Hz to 240 Hz - DisplayPort
- Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Colors Supported: 16.7 Million Colors
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 100,000,000:1
- Brightness: 400 Nit
- Native Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
- Tearing Prevention Technology: NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Color Depth: 8-bit
- Color Gamut: 72% NTSC
- Number of Speakers: 2
- Speaker Output Power: 2 W
- Interfaces/Ports: HDMI, USB, DisplayPort
If you want to buy your own, you can get it from Amazon here. While its $499 asking price is a bit high compared to monitors with lesser specifications, it is totally appropriate given its superior specs.