Emergency update for Kodi 18 'Leia' fixes internet access issue and more
While the Kodi Foundation's focus is squarely on Kodi 19 'Matrix', a technical change from Cloudflare has caused problems with its predecessor, Kodi 18 'Leia', and result is a new update which fixes this and a number of other problems.
Cloudflare’s change causes significant issues with HTTP access to any site using them, such as metadata sources and streaming add-ons. Kodi 18.9 offers a workaround for this problem.
Although the full changelog for this build can be found here, the highlights are:
- Work around third-party changes to HTTP2 and SSL/encryption that impacted internet access from Kodi by scrapers, streaming addons, etc.
- Fix memory leaks in TexturePacker
- Fix event server unable to send raw key strikes
- Fix issues around directory navigation and incorrectly-set start directories
- Fix MediaCodec OES/EGL rendering
Kodi 18.9 can be downloaded here.