AT&T rapidly builds its Android portfolio, announces Samsung Captivate
Shortly after announcing its second Android device, the HTC Aria, AT&T today announced its third: The Samsung Captivate.
Samsung says the Captivate is "a Galaxy S smartphone," meaning it's very similar to the phone we got to try out at CTIA that is expected to come to T-Mobile later this year.
- 1GHz Cortex A8 Samsung Hummingbird application processor
- Android 2.1
- Super AMOLED 4" touchscreen display
- Six-axis motion sensor, 3D graphics engine and surround-sound audio
- 5 MP camera with 720p HD video recording
- 16 GB onboard memory expandable up to 32 GB
- support for 802.11n wi-fi
- compatible with wireless data standards in 195 countries
AT&T says the Samsung Captivate will be released "in the coming months at AT&T retail locations nationwide" but did not give a specific date or suggested retail price.