Microsoft wants to see your pets on Skype
Whenever I go to the pet store, I am amazed by the diverse selection of animals. Other than the typical cats and dogs, there are hermit crabs, chinchillas and snakes. Even more amazing is the amount of toys, clothes and treats for the pets. Some of the dog clothes cost more than mine!
While catnip and squeaky toys are still the standard purchases, isn't that a bit old school? I mean, come on, this is 2014 -- it is time to buy your pet a webcam. While this may sound crazy, Microsoft actually wants to see your pets on Skype.
"Skype is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family -- and that includes our four-legged, finned, and feathered family members, too! I use Skype both to stay in touch with our pets when I’m traveling without them and to introduce my friends to our pets since they're a special part of my life", says Paris Permenter, Skype’s Pet Brand Ambassador.
Permenter lists the following ten reason as to why you should utilize Skype in regards to your pet:
- To share your pet with others
- For the joy of seeing your pets when you're traveling
- To check up on your pet's health
- To give your pet a boost when you're away
- To talk with your pet sitter when you're traveling
- To check on your pets from work.
- To use as a nanny cam to watch your pet-sitter
- To check your pet's behavior when you leave the house
- To make sure your pet's automatic feeder is working in your absence
- To teach an old dog new tricks
These are actually very good suggestions that may improve your pet's quality of life. Yesterday, during the Super Bowl, Microsoft highlighted how technology can empower humans and improve their quality of life. For many people, a pet is a member of the family, so it is great that Microsoft is looking out for them too.
Does your pet use Skype? Tell me about it in the comments.