wwdc

Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference kicks off today, Monday 8 June, in San Francisco, with the big keynote speech scheduled for 10am PST/6pm BST.

As WWDC is for software developers, Apple doesn’t usually reveal major new hardware -- typically it’s just updated versions of existing products. You can certainly expect news on iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, as well as Apple Watch.

We’re also expecting Apple to launch a music streaming service, and to announce Apple Pay in the UK, and possibly other countries. The new Apple TV was expected to make an appearance (after all its shape is visible in the image above), but rumors say this is no longer the case.

We’ll know for certain what Apple will be announcing once the big keynote speech begins and you can watch it live online.

As always, Apple likes to preach to the faithful, so there are the usual restrictions in place. Live streaming the keynote requires Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later. Assuming you have what's required, you can watch the keynote live here.

There’s also an official WWDC app available. This lets you stream videos from current and previous WWDC sessions, start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another, browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events, and keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see daily photos.

If you have a Windows or Linux PC or an Android device you can still watch the event, but you’ll need VLC Media Player installed. Assuming you do, open it, and click on "Media" at the top left. Go to "Open Network Stream" and paste in the network URL of the live Apple event which is:

This link won’t go live until the event begins.

Feel free to share your comments about what Apple is showing off in the comments below.

19 Responses to How to watch Apple's WWDC 2015 keynote live on any device including Windows, Linux and Android

1. Gagan Tripathi says:

The link is'nt working at current time, as it works on when the event start....?

2. BoltmanLives says:

Luckly I have a work provided ipad air to watch and report the shenanigans over there. One of the few uses for that device

• Jack Bnimble says:

Wait, what....your work chose an iPad over a Surface for their employees??? How CAN THIS BE????

I am surprised you have not quit and started sleeping on the sidewalk outside, protesting all day.

I would suggest a hunger strike!!!! Prove your devotion to Microsoft!!

• BoltmanLives says:

Everyone at work hates them (ipads) its funny, they suck.

• Jack Bnimble says:

Sure they do!

Everyone here loves them. They love the Apple TV's in the conference rooms as well.

Either way Apple is printing money thanks to your company and mine.

• BoltmanLives says:

No apple tvs

3. phredered says:

Assuming I'm on one of these other systems. Why would I care what Apple says in one of their ads. I've already decided that their approach is wrong for me.

• BoltmanLives says:

You do it soley for the laughing at fanbois and what they put up with being shafted by Apple. Its great fun and sometimes you get bonus Chinese speaker overlays and tech glitches. Fingers crossed.

Its called Empathy. Helps you understand the demented fanbiois mindset.

• dylangio says:

Now now I know as crazy as it might seem... i have an idea... but just hear me out.... what if... still with me? whhhaaaatttt iffffff People enjoy and or develop for the Apple ecosystem AND the Windows ecosystem? Or since it is in the middle of the day for most of the country and it is a Monday a lot of people who like and enjoy Apple are stuck on their crappy dell work stations at work but still want to keep up with the news.... I don't know i am just spit balling here...

4. BoltmanLives says:

Live stream report...

9:44 am WiFi spotty freaking attendees out even though Google had no issue in same building , weird huh?

NILAY PATEL 9:42:24 AM PDT
    Lots of panic in the room, since the WiFi is super spotty. The despair a jarring mismatch to "Dreaming" by Smallpools currently on the speakers. So happy, so sad.

NILAY PATEL 9:45:46 AM PDT
    WiFi issues seriously diminishing the mood here. Only way it could get worse is if Tim Cook rolled on stage wearing Google Glass.

NILAY PATEL 9:34:43 AM PDT
    Apple Watch Shazam check: app crashed trying to identify "I Bet My Life" by Imagine Dragons. I blame the song.

5. paulidin says:

Am I doing this right with VLC? I just get audio, no video?

6. BoltmanLives says:

Trainwreck= 2015 WWDC

Wow! Could not imagine any worse developer conference

Feel bad for Apple users

7. JACK JAES says:

Glad to have Apple iOS 9's features , but Google now still looks better.http://goo.gl/w8Dvwy