Motorola Moto Z3 Play and G6 Play are the newest Amazon Prime Exclusive Phones
An Amazon Prime membership is a great thing, especially if you take advantage of all of its offerings. The free 2-day shipping by itself makes it worthwhile for many, but the Prime Video streaming service puts it over the edge -- there are so many great movies and TV shows available, you could easily forgo Netflix to save money. Following Amazon's acquisition of Whole Foods, the membership can even get you discounts on groceries -- only in some areas of the country for now, however. There are even more perks, so ultimately, Amazon Prime is worth the cost, even after the recent price increase.
One of my favorite membership benefits, however, is the Amazon Prime Exclusive Phone program. If you aren't familiar, this is where Prime members can get discounts on quality Android smartphones. There is a small trade-off for the savings -- some Amazon apps and widgets are pre-installed on the device, including Alexa. With that said, the use of the apps is optional, so it really shouldn't be a big deal. Quite frankly, I'm sure some hardcore Amazon users will find having the apps is a plus. Today, two new Motorola phones join the aforementioned program -- the high-end Moto Z3 Play and the affordable Moto G6 Play.
- Amazon brings Alexa to France
- LG K30 is the latest Amazon Prime Exclusive Phone
- Motorola Moto G6 is the newest Amazon Prime Exclusive Phone
Amazon shares the following descriptions of the Motorola devices.
- Moto G6 Play with Alexa features a 5.7-inch LCD HD+ display, a 13MP rear-facing camera and 5MP front-facing camera, Android O, and a fingerprint sensor. It comes with 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal storage with support for up to 128 GB more with a micro SD card and is available in Deep Indigo. Alexa is accessible by double pressing the power button when the device is unlocked or by tapping the Amazon Alexa icon in the favorites tray. Customers can also set Alexa as the default assist app, accessible with a long-press of the home button.
- Moto Z3 Play with Alexa comes with a 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, dual 12MP and 5MP rear-facing cameras and an 8MP front-facing camera, Android O (8.1), and a fingerprint sensor. It has 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage with support for up to 2 TB more with a micro SD card, and comes with a Moto Power Pack Mod. For a limited time, customers who purchase a Moto Z3 Play can also receive a Moto Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa allowing them to access Alexa Hands-Free at no additional cost. Alexa is also accessible by double pressing the power button when the device is unlocked, or customers can set Alexa as the default assist app, accessible with a long-press of the home button.
Both phones will begin shipping from Amazon on June 29, but you can pre-order starting today. The Moto G6 Play is just $189.99, and you can reserve yours here. The premium Moto Z3 Play is quite a bit more money at $449.99 -- you can get it here. Best of all, both of the devices are unlocked and work with all four major cell carriers in the USA -- T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. The Moto Z3 Play also comes with a free Motorola Alexa speaker for a limited time.