Kodi 19.0 'Matrix' Final arrives -- download it NOW
The Release Candidate for Kodi 19 was rolled out to testers a month ago and today the full, finished version becomes available for all platforms (except for the Windows Store build for Xbox which has been delayed).
Kodi 19.0 'Matrix' brings a wealth of changes, fixes and new features to the popular home theater software, including a visual makeover and significant improvements to playback.
The developers have moved to Python 3 in this release (which could mean some of your favorite add-ons won't work) and the PVR and live television elements have had a lot of attention paid to them in this iteration too.
For audio lovers, metadata handling has been updated and there’s a new, Matrix-inspired visualization. Subtitles have been enhanced and there are some new security features to keep you safe.
To bring Kodi 19 to us the developers reveal some interesting stats:
- Nearly 50 individual open source developers contributed code.
- About 5,000 commits in over 1,500 pull requests since the first release of 18.x 'Leia'.
- Over 5,500 changed files, with some 600,000 lines of code added, changed or removed.
- Countless hours of dedicated free time conceiving, designing, developing and testing (including all the infrastructure you see around them, including the Kodi website).
- ... and, of course,very little traveling, obviously -- that's not good at the moment!
You can download Kodi 19 'Matrix' now from here.
Photo credit: Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock