Intel wireless and Bluetooth driver updates fix blue screens and connection problems in Windows 10
There have long been problems with Intel drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with users experiencing blue screens (BSODs) in Windows 10 as well as unstable connections.
Now Intel has released a pair of driver updates that should address the issues once and for all. The company has new update for the Intel PROSet/Wireless software as well as the Intel Wireless Bluetooth software. In addition to fixing stability problems, these are also security updates, so users of affected Intel hardware are being encouraged to get the updates installed as soon as possible.
- Microsoft is killing off a pointless feature of Windows 10 with 21H2
- Microsoft releases KB4601382 update preview to fix many Windows 10 problems
- Microsoft is shortening the support period for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
The first update sees PROSet/Wireless software reaching version 22.30.0, and it is available for the following wireless adapters: Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+), Wi-Fi 6 AX201, Wi-Fi 6 AX200, Wireless-AC 9560, Wireless-AC 9461/ 9462, Wireless-AC 9260, Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, and Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.D).
Intel shares details of four key problems addressed by the update:
- Wireless adapters may fail to connect to 5GHz networks
- When a system is connected to an Access Point using channel 165 and the Windows 10 mobile hotspot feature is enabled sharing the 5GHz network, the mobile hotspot network is not visible to other systems under the wireless network scan list
- Windows Stop Errors (BSOD) may occur which are associated the Intel Wireless driver
- Intel PROSet/Wireless Software 22.30.0 has been updated to include functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version.
Intel PROSet/Wireless software version 22.30.0 can be downloaded here.
When it comes to the Intel Wireless Bluetooth software, this has also been updated to version 22.30.0. The update applies to the following devices: Wi-Fi 6E AX210, Wi-Fi 6 AX201, Wi-Fi 6 AX200, Wireless-AC 9560, Wireless-AC 9462, Wireless-AC 9461, Wireless-AC 9260, Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 184.108.40.206, and Wireless 7265 Family.
The issues fixed by the update are:
- On some systems, audio noise may be observed during HFP voice call
- Discontinuity of audio during a Teams call can occur on some devices
- Occasionally, the Bluetooth LE mouse may stop working
- Intel Wireless Bluetooth 22.30.0 driver has been updated to include functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version
Intel Wireless Bluetooth software version 22.30.0 can be downloaded here.