Lexar launches NM620 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe SSD
There are many companies producing quality solid state drives these days in various capacities, speeds, and form factors. SATA variants are perfectly fine, but NVMe models are significantly faster. If your computer has an M.2 slot and supports NVMe, you should consider replacing your current SATA drive with one.
Today, Lexar releases a new solid state drive that looks to be pretty solid. Called "NM620," this M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe SSD is not only fast, but rather affordable too.
"Enjoy 6x the speed of SATA SSDs with speeds of up to 3300MB/s read and 3000MB/s write, so you can improve overall workflow. Supported by PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.4 technology standard and built with the latest 3D NAND flash, the NM620 puts you in the computing fast lane and offers impressive performance even for demanding creative workstations and gaming experiences. For added efficiency, its reduced power consumption and cooler operation makes the battery life last longer than a traditional hard drive," says Lexar.
Joel Boquiren, General Manager of Lexar explains, "We are excited to announce the new Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe SSD to our family line of SSD products. With speeds of up to 3300MB/s read, it is the perfect solution for creators and gamers who want to speed up their workflow. The impressive heat dissipation allows you to complete your workflow smoothly."
Lexar shares specifications below.
- Capacity: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe Gen3x4
- 256GB Speed: sequential read up to 3000MB/s read, sequential write up to 1300MB/s, IOPS: up to 92/240K
- 512GB Speed: sequential read up to 3300MB/s read, sequential write up to 2400MB/s, IOPS: up to 200/256K
- 1TB Speed: sequential read up to 3300MB/s read, sequential write up to 3000MB/s, IOPS: up to 300/256K
- NAND flash: 3D TLC
- Operating Temperature: 0° C to 70° C (32°F to 158°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40° C to 85° C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Shock Resistant: 1500G, duration 0.5ms, Half Sine Wave
- Vibration Resistant: 10~2000Hz, 1.5mm, 20G, 1 Oct/min, 30min/axis(X,Y,Z)
- TBW: 256GB: 125TB, 512GB: 250TB, 1TB: 500TB
- DWPD: 0.44
- MTBF: 1,500,000 Hours
- Dimension (L x W x H): 80 mm x 22 mm x 2.25 mm / 3.15” x 0.87” x 0.09”
- Weight: 9 g
The Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe SSD can be had here immediately. It is currently available in two capacities -- 512GB and 1TB. These drives are priced at $89.99 and $159.99 respectively. A 256GB variant is planned for the future, but pricing and availability for that capacity is not yet known.
Please note: Some of the above links may be affiliate links, meaning we, or our writers, may receive payment if you purchase one of these items (or other items) after clicking on them.