Spotify now gives you lyrics to the songs you listen to
It is something that has been a long time coming, but Spotify has finally launched its eagerly anticipated Lyrics feature.
Thanks to a partnership with Musixmatch, the streaming music service is helping all of its users to avoid the problem of misheard lyrics. Available to users of Free and Premium tiers, Lyrics gives you the chance to sing along to music karaoke-style.
Spotify says that lyrics are available for "the majority of our extensive library of tracks", and it is not a feature that is limited to specific platforms. It does not matter whether you are using iOS, Android, the desktop app, a gaming console, or a TV app, you can enjoy lyrics while you listen to tracks both familiar and unfamiliar.
The company shares details of how to access Lyrics:
On the Spotify mobile app
- Tap on the "Now Playing View" on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You'll see track lyrics that scroll in real time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the "Share" button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share -- and where you want to share it -- via third-party platforms.
On the Spotify desktop app
- From the "Now Playing" bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You'll see track lyrics that scroll in real time while the song plays.
On the Spotify TV app
- Open the "Now Playing View" on a song.
- Navigate to the right corner to the "lyrics button" and select if you want to enable Lyrics.
- Once enabled, you'll see the lyrics in the "Now Playing" View.