LG X venture is an affordable and rugged Android smartphone that is exclusive to AT&T
Today, LG announces a new phone called the "X venture." It borrows aspects from both of the aforementioned smartphones, but at an insanely low price. Exclusive to AT&T in the USA, the Android 7.0 Nougat phone has a massive 4,100mAh battery and features upgradeable storage via micro SD. Best of all, it is extremely rugged.
"The LG X venture is the company’s newest mass-tier smartphone designed for users who want a tough adventure companion device that doesn’t sacrifice on features or looks. With IP68 compatibility for water and dust resistance, the LG X venture passed 14 different MIL-STD 810G tests designed for the U.S. military. In addition to measuring resistance to extreme temperatures, shock and water, the LG X venture was repeatedly immersed in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes and passed with flying colors," says LG.
The "Life's Good" company also says, "The LG X venture carries over a number of popular features from LG’s flagship G and V series smartphones such as the rear fingerprint sensor and dual cameras. A 5MP 120-degree wide angle front camera is perfect for large group shots while the rear 16MP camera delivers breathtaking shots with incredible sharpness and detail. A heavy-duty, high-capacity 4,100mAh embedded battery lasts for up to 24 hours between charges and with Quick Charge 2.0, the LG X venture charges from empty to 50 percent in only 48 minutes."
LG shares the follwing specifications.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 Processor
- Display: 5.2-inch FHD In-Cell Touch (1080 x 1920 / 423ppi)
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMC ROM / Micro SD Slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Front 5MP Wide Angle / Rear 16MP Standard Angle
- Battery: 4,100mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 154.0 x 75.8 x 9.29mm
- Weight: 166.5g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-B 2.0
- Color: Black / Brown
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 / QuickButton / Outdoor Essentials / FM Radio / GPS / Accelerometer / Digital Compass / Gyroscope / Barometer
If you want to buy the rugged LG X venture, you can get it from AT&T on May 26. It can be had for $11 per month for 30 months, which equals $330 -- an absolute steal. Is it top of the line? No, the processor and RAM are a bit disappointing, but should be more than enough for the average consumer.
What do you think of this smartphone? Tell me in the comments below.