Kodi 19.2 'Matrix' is here -- Download it NOW!
Now Team Kodi releases version 19.2 with more fixes and improvements.
This is what’s changed:
- Fixed: crash when accessing invalid PVR channel from favourites
- Fixed: crash on startup while searching for missing channel icons
- Fixed: crash on startup caused by missing timer type
- Fixed: "Delete permanently" of recordings from trash
- Other, more minor bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that deleted UniqueID's when scraping the library, which caused unexpected behaviour for addons relying on those ID's
- Added translations for emulators and game controller add-ons
- Expose icon path of EPG tags as 'thumbnail' property
- Expose series number of EPG tags as 'seasonnum' property.
- Websocket: handles partial messages
- Fixed: display logic for official and third-party modules
- Fixed: possible crash when switching monitors due to adding/removing hardware.
- Fixed: audio passthrough not working (randomly) on some systems when display refresh rate match is enabled.
- Improved: flip discard swap chain is used on all Windows 10 systems even if graphics driver does not support latest DirectX feature levels.
- Improved: 10-bit swap chain is used by default on Windows 10 systems when HDR display is detected (for 8-bit SDR video sources too).
- Fixed: possible crash related to WS-Discovery when non-computer devices (e.g. IP cameras) are attached to the same network.
- Fixed: possible crash when HDR is toggled on/off externally from Windows 10 display settings.
- Fixed: no picture or wrong black level with some video drivers when limited range output is enabled in conjunction with hardware acceleration DXVA2 and HDR passthrough.
- Fixed: external storage volumes not visible on devices running old Android versions
The big news here is that we can finally make 19.x "Matrix" available on the Xbox - thanks for putting up with the delay while we fixed the blockers!
- Fixed: crash on playback of 4K HEVC videos due to out-of-memory condition.
- Fixed: GUI rendered at 1080 and upscaled to 4K instead of native 4K.
- Fixed: 4K resolution is incorrectly reported in logs as 1920x1080.
- Fixed: crash when "Switch display refresh rate at Start/Stop" is enabled with 4K resolution.
- Fixed: tone mapping not used by default at playback HDR videos.
- Fixed: missing display refresh rate info on Video Debug Info OSD (Alt+O).
- Fixed: Internet SSL connectivity not working due not usable path to built-in CA certs bundle.
- Improved: swap chain performance using DXGISWAPEFFECTFLIPDISCARD.
- Improved: 10-bit swap chain surfaces are used if an HDR-capable TV is detected (even for 8-bit SDR videos).
- Improved: HEVC DXVA2 decoder performance using 128 byte aligned decoder surfaces.
You can also explore Kodi's GitHub page if you want a complete list of what's been fixed and improved since the last release.
You can download Kodi 19.2 'Matrix' from here now.
Photo credit: Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock