Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 now available to download on the Slow ring
Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 to the Fast ring two weeks ago, but it came with a couple of major bugs that meant it wasn’t suitable for all. Last week Microsoft pushed out ISOs of the build, for people who were having trouble updating to the new version through Windows Update, but it still wasn’t deemed stable enough for Slow ring Insiders.
Well, the good news is if you’re on the Slow ring you can finally update Windows 10 to Build 10130, as Microsoft is pushing the update out to everyone now. And your patience is rewarded with news that the update comes with some useful fixes.
You can read about the features and improvements in the original Build 10130 here.
Microsoft reports the following fixes that will be immediately available to Slow ring updaters:
- KB3070365: Fixed an issue where if you click on the icons on the Taskbar (Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) in this build, the expected fly-out might not open.
- KB3069069: Fixed the issue where after upgrading to this build audio playback is lost in some hardware configurations.
- Note: Some sound cards may fail to operate in multichannel mode. The workaround to the problem is to set the default audio format to stereo.
- KB3070677: Fixed an issue where if you’re running the 'Core' edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview and Windows Update might not detect new builds available.
- KB3070982: This dynamic update prevents an issue that can result in the loss of audio when the upgrade is completed in some hardware configurations.
Some of the fixes will be applied as Dynamic Updates during installation, others will come once everything is set up. If you're on the Fast ring and already have Build 10130 installed, you should already have the latest updates. Go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
Surface 3 users will still need to avoid this build as there’s a problem that stops it installing.
Finally, if you find the build doesn’t update properly on your PC, you can also upgrade directly using the ISO files.