The Linux Foundation launches 'Administering Linux on Azure' training course
Linux is very much mainstream nowadays. What was once viewed as a hobby and niche project, is transforming the world. Many of the world's servers are running Linux-based operating systems. Hell, the most popular mobile operating system on the planet, Android, is Linux-based. Even closed-source champion Microsoft is embracing Linux by integrating it into Windows 10 and offering it on its Azure platform.
Please know, Linux will only get more popular; gaining more knowledge about it is vital for your career in information technology. If you want to further your education, The Linux Foundation has your back. You see, the organization is launching a new training course called "Administering Linux on Azure."
ALSO READ: Spotify now available as a Snap for Linux
"The course starts with an introduction to Linux and Azure, after which students will learn more about advanced Linux features and how they are managed in an Azure environment. Next, the course goes into information about managing containers, either in Linux or with the open source container technology that is integrated in Azure. After that, LFS205 covers how to deploy virtual machines in Azure, discussing different deployment scenarios. Once the VMs are available in Azure, students will need to know how to manage them in an efficient way, which is covered next. The last part of this course teaches how to troubleshoot Linux in Azure, and to monitor Linux in Azure using different open source tools," says The Linux Foundation.
Clyde Seepersad, Linux Foundation General Manager for Training and Certification, explains "As shown by The Linux Foundation and Dice’s Open Source Jobs Report, cloud computing skills are by far the most in demand by employers. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, as the world today is run in the cloud. Azure is one of the most popular public clouds, and a huge portion of its instances run on Linux. That’s why we feel this new course is essential to give Azure professionals the Linux skills they need, give Linux professionals the Azure skills they need, and train new professionals to ensure industry has the talent it needs to meet the growing demand for Linux on Azure."
The Linux Foundation shares the LFS205 course outline below.
- Chapter 1. Getting Started: Linux and Azure Essentials
- First Steps in the Azure Cloud Environment
- Linux Virtual Machines: Deploying a Linux Instance
- Linux and Open Source Fundamentals
- Working with Shells: The Command Line Interface
- Users, Groups, and Permissions
- Configuring sudo: Running Commands as a Specific User
- Software Management: Package Managers
- Git: Version Management and More
- Chapter 2. System Administration: Advanced Linux Administration
- Storage: Identifying and Managing Storage
- Linux Networking: Identifying Your Network Configuration
- Systemd: Modern Init Implementation
- Logging: systemd-journald, syslog, and Others
- AD Integration: Using Active Directory in Linux
- Mandatory Access Control: AppArmor and SELinux
- Chapter 3. Containers: Working with Containers in Linux
- Why Do I Need Containers?
- Understanding Container Ingredients: The Building Blocks of Containers
- Docker and Other Container Technologies: Working with Containers in Linux
- Creating and Running Docker Containers
- Docker Networking
- Container Orchestration
- Working with Docker on Azure
- Chapter 4. Linux Deployment Options
- Azure Resource Manager
- Creating VM Images - How to Build Your Own Custom VM
- Azure Virtual Machine Agent - VM Interactions with the Azure Environment
- Azure Virtual Machine Extensions - Post-Deployment Configuration and Automation
- Chapter 5. Automation and Orchestration
- Understanding DevOps and Automation
- Using Cloud-init
- Using Ansible
- Using Salt
- Using Puppet
- Using Chef
- Chapter 6. Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Linux
- Introduction to Nagios
- Introduction to Zabbix
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting in Azure
This "Administering Linux on Azure" online course is not free -- quality comes at a cost, folks. With that said, it is very reasonably priced. For a mere $299, you can not only gain new knowledge, but bolster your resume too. The ability to complete such an important training course should look wonderful to potential employers.
Ready to sign up? You can enroll here.