Compatible handsets will get Windows 10 Mobile April 2018 Update
The Windows 10 April 2018 Update rollout to PCs around the world has already started, and Microsoft says that the update will also make its way to compatible Windows 10 Mobile devices.
The number of people who will actually end up receiving this update, however, is likely to be rather limited. Microsoft says that the availability of Windows 10 Mobile April 2018 Update will vary according to "manufacturer, model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations" and -- ominously -- "other factors".
- Microsoft is working on a fix for Chrome and Cortana freezes in Windows 10 April 2018 Update
- Everything removed or deprecated in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update
- Privacy: How to disable Timeline in Windows 10 April 2018 Update
- How to upgrade your PC to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update now
Microsoft is planning to drop support for Windows 10 Mobile in 2019, but there are still a handful of users eager to keep their handsets up-to-date. Until now, the company has said nothing about bringing the April 2018 Update to mobile users, and the reference on Microsoft Support is rather low-key.
Get the Windows 10 Mobile April 2018 Update
- Windows 10 Mobile automatically downloads and installs updates when they are available. The April Update includes additional features and improvements for your Windows 10 phone.
- To manually check for the update, on Start, swipe over to the All apps list, then select Settings> Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
- Note:Availability may vary by manufacturer, model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations, and other factors.
There's still no indication of when the update will be made available -- and it's probably not really a priority for Microsoft, so don’t hold your breath!