Razer unveils 'Wolverine Ultimate' wired pro gaming controller for Xbox One and PC
Video games are big business nowadays. Not only are consoles and gaming PCs quite expensive, but so too are the games -- especially when you factor in DLC. Not only that, but hardcore gamers are even spending big bucks on "professional" accessories too, such as mice, keyboards, headsets, and more.
Today, Razer unveils what it calls a professional grade controller for Xbox One and PC. The "Wolverine Ultimate," as it is called, is a wired affair -- there is no wireless to be found. Since it is a gaming product, it even features customizable RGB lighting -- we must put lights in all the things! Of course, as you can expect, the controller is quite expensive. Believe it or not, Wolverine Ultimate costs more than Microsoft's "Wireless Elite" controller.
"The Razer Wolverine Ultimate was designed to adapt itself to any gamer. Two interchangeable D-Pads, a range of interchangeable thumbsticks with different heights and shape and a total of 6 remappable triggers and buttons – both via Razer Synapse for Xbox and on-the-fly – provide maximum customizability. An integrated RGB lighting strip that can be controlled via Razer Synapse for Xbox adds more ways to personalize the controller and introduces Razer Chroma to Xbox gamers everywhere. Gamers can choose from 16.8 million colors and a variety of effects that include Static, Spectrum Cycling, Breathing, Wave and more," says Razer.
The famed gaming accessory-maker also says, "Additionally, the Razer Wolverine Ultimate will be the first console product to support the Razer Chroma SDK, allowing developers to integrate advanced lighting capabilities for Xbox One games, and console controllers for next level gaming immersion. Everything about the Razer Wolverine Ultimate has been developed with highest levels of competition and performance in mind. Ultra-responsive tactile switch action buttons and an automatic hair-trigger mode with trigger stops round off the optimized ergonomics of this premium controller."
Razer shares the following features:
- Remappable 2 Multi-Function Buttons & 4 Triggers
- Razer Chroma lighting with full 16.8 million color options
- Interchangeable D-Pad – Choice between Individual and Tilting Designs
- Interchangeable Thumbsticks
- Hair-Trigger Mode with Trigger-Stop for rapid-fire
- Quick Control Panel
- Tactile Switch Action Buttons
- Ergonomic Non-Slip Rubber Grip
- Razer Synapse for Xbox app
- Razer Chroma SDK enabled
- Play Anywhere – Play on Xbox One or PC
- 5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector
- Approximate size: 106 mm / 4.17 in (Length) x 156 mm / 6.14 in (Width) x 66 mm / 2.60 in (Height)
- Approximate weight (without cable): 260 g / 0.57 lbs
The Razer Wolverine Ultimate wired pro gaming controller can be had later next month from Razer directly for a sky-high $160. It will find its way to other retailers later in Q4 2017.