Low-cost Nokia 2 comes to the UK with two-day battery life
Nokia is a name -- for more seasoned mobile users, at least -- that's synonymous with phones that seem to last forever between charges. Now HMD Global is bringing the Nokia 2 to the UK, complete with impressive two-day battery life.
Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 Quad-core processor, the Nokia 2 boasts a 5-inch screen and 8GB of memory -- which can be increased by up to 128GB with a MicroSD card. The phone ships with Android Nougat 7.1.1 (it's described as being "Oreo ready" although there's no word on when an upgrade might appear), and it will be available in two weeks for just £99.
This is clearly a budget device, but HMD Global has gone to some length to ensure that the phone doesn't come across as overly cheap. The handset is crafted from a single piece of aluminium, combined with sculpted polycarbonate on the back and Corning Gorilla Glass.
Available from Amazon, Argos, Carphone Warehouse, EE, John Lewis and Tesco starting February 26, the Nokia 2's impressive longevity comes thanks to the 4,100 mAh battery, and HMD also shares the following specs for the phone:
- Networks: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 5, 8 LTE: Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40
- Network speed: LTE Cat. 4, 150Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 212, Quad-core up to 1.3Ghz
- RAM: 1 GB LPPDDR 3
- Storage: 8 GB internal user memory with MicroSD card slot (up to 128 GB support)
- Form factor: Touch monoblock with on-screen keys, IP52
- Display: 0" HD 1280 x 720 LTPS LCD, In-Cell Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, contrast ratio 1:1300
- Camera: Primary camera: 8MP AF w/ flash
- Front facing camera: 5MP FF
- Connectivity & Sensors: 11 b/g/n, BT 4.1, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou, FM/(RDS), Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass
- Battery: Integrated 4100 mAh battery
- Audio: Single speaker
- Dimensions: 5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
There's also a LATAM model available with differing connectivity (GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 LTE: Band 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12/17, 28, 38) and a dual-SIM-only model for India (GSM: 900/1800 WCDMA: Band 1, 8 LTE: Band 1, 3, 5, 20, 40, 41).
Find out more at the Nokia 2 website.